+44 7831 561042

Alphonse Giroux Coin Collectors Cabinet

hover over image to zoom

An exceptional coin collectors cabinet, made in the form of a 17th century coffre fort with ormolu mounts over ebony veneered rosewood. Twelve drawers fitted with tooled leather trays for coins of various sizes, a thirteenth tray within the lid. Signed to the lock-plate 'Alp. Giroux a Paris'. 

 

French circa 1860. 

 

w:17.5 in x d:12 x h:11.5 in 

 

Alphonse Giroux et Cie was a famous tabletterie and curiosity shop located in Paris, 7 rue du Coq-Saint-Honoré. The house flourished throughout the middle years of the 19th century. From 1838 the company was directed by the two sons, Alphonse-Gustave and Andre and in 1839 they were awarded a silver medal at the Paris Industrial Exhibition, being ranked No. 1 in luxury shopping. The house of Giroux ceased trading in 1885.

 

Item Code: 2748

£ 4800

Enquire about this item