+44 7831 561042

City of London Property Mark No.33

hover over image to zoom

An eighteenth century cast lead property for the City of London.

Property marks were displayed on buildings in the City of London owned by parish churches, the Corporation of London, livery companies and other charitable institutions. Personal marks were also displayed indicating that the property was left in trust by a private individual, usually to the parish for philanthropic purposes.  

These marks were typically attached in pairs, one at either end of the building's façade. They were also fixed to the side and back elevations of buildings.

English circa 1750.

w:9.75 in x h:14.75 in

 

Item Code: 2125

£ 750

Enquire about this item