+44 7831 561042

Microscope Slide Cabinet

hover over image to zoom

A fine microscope-slide cabinet by W. Watson & Sons, High Holborn, London, designed as an architectural plinth. 28 trays above a single deeper drawer, the turned ivory 'button' pulls engraved with the numbers 1 to 28, either side of these ivory inlaid strips to take temporary labelling. Fine mahogany throughout, the glazed door inlaid with the manufacturer's nameplate.

In 1837 the William Watson business was established in London for the manufacture of optical instruments. By the 1840s, the company moved into lanterns, slides and associated equipment and in 1868 the name was changed to W. Watson & Son. By this time were located at 313 High Holborn, London. In the 1870s, the company added photographic equipment and became known as a leading manufacturer of the Highest Class Photographic Instruments and Apparatus in England.

This cabinet circa 1870.

w:15.75 in x d:13.25 in x h:20.5 in  

 

Item Code: 2823

£ 3250

Enquire about this item