+44 7831 561042

Mother-o-Pearl Box by Lund's

hover over image to zoom

A fine quality little box of thick mother-o-pearl throughout with a gilt brass hinge. Made for and retailed by Lund's of London and engraved with their details to the front edge. English circa 1840.

William Lund established his business in 1804 and was at Cornhill from 1814. He moved to Fleet Street in 1840. From around 1820 he was advertising copying machines and made various boxes including making dressing cases. These cases usually included a very small corkscrew. The company went on to produce many of history's most sought after corkscrews from the Victorian era.

2.5 in x 1.5 in x 1 1/8 in 

 

Item Code: 2831

£ 125

Enquire about this item