+44 7831 561042

Nickel-Bound Mahogany Boxed Decanters

hover over image to zoom

A pair of straight-sided cut glass decanters with silver mounted cork stoppers marked for Austria, (year mark not discernible). The box of mahogany with nickel corners, edges and striped decoration. Between the lift-up flush-set handle is a plate engraved with the crest of the Jodrell family, a cock's head and neck, wings elevated, combed and wattled, probably for Sir Alfred Jodrell, 4th Baronet. Austrian for the English market, circa 1880.

w:8 in x d:5.5 in x h:10 in

Sir Alfred Jodrell, 4th Baronet (1847-1929) was the fourth and last of the Jodrell Baronets. He founded The Shell Museum in Glanford, near his Norfolk home at Bayfield Hall, to house his collection accumulated over six decades. He was a noted public benefactor, restoring many old churches and was High Sheriff of Norfolk in 1887.

 

Item Code: 2736

£ 1850

Enquire about this item