+44 7831 561042

'Thunderer' Hall Bench

hover over image to zoom

Hall bench made from teak salvaged from H.M.S. Thunderer, the slatted top on turned legs and stretchers. English circa 1925.

w.39.5 in x d.14.5 in x h.14.5 in

 H.M.S. Thunderer, launched in 1911, was the third Orion-class battleship built for the Royal Navy and was the last vessel to be constructed by Thames Iron Works. She was the last and largest warship ever built on the River Thames, and after completion her builders declared bankruptcy. At Jutland, on the 31st May 1916, all four of the Orions were present under the leadership of Rear Admiral Arthur Leveson. Decommissioned in 1921, from 1922 she served as a seagoing training ship for cadets, the sole survivor of her class.

Item Code: 1766

£ 895

Enquire about this item