+44 7831 561042

William Bullock Regency Lamp

hover over image to zoom

A fine regency bronze sinumbra (without shadow) lamp base, converted to electricity, after a design attributed to William Bullock, the fluted column raised upon a triform base with applied masks taken from the ancient Greek theatre and standing on claw feet.

William Bullock began his career in Liverpool, opening a public museum or 'Cabinet of Curiosities' in 1800 and dealing in bronzes and other ornamental wares. By 1805, he had moved to larger premises in Church Street, advertising his 'Museum and Bronze Manufactory' and his 'New Egyptian Hall'. Brother to George, the celebrated cabinet-maker, William was the first to transfer his business to London, building a new 'Egyptian Hall' on Piccadilly designed for the 'reception, exhibition and sale, by commission, of every article connected with the Fine Arts, Antiquity and Natural History.

English Circa 1820.

20 inches high.

 

Item Code: 2622

£ 1150

Enquire about this item